edneff

Well Known Member
I'm flying a new RV7a that I didn't build. It's got a PM 1000 II intercom with an Apollo SL40 comm.

The intercom works fine, but the comm radio volume is unaffected by the radio volume control. It's loud, and I can't modulate it. Anybody take a guess as to why? I read the manual for the radio and the intercom, and I still don't know how to control the volume.

Thanks

I also have the PM1000II. The radio volume should be totally independent of the intercom. What happens with the intercom turned off? Does the intercom volume knob control the radio volume? Sounds like either something is wired wrong or the radio has a problem. If you cannot control the radio volume with the intercom turned off, the radio has a problem.

Just looking through the Garmin/Apollo SL40 Comm manual again and there is a "System Function" parameter that sets the headphone audio volume level.

It says that "setting the value to zero slaves the headphone audio volume level to the volume control knob." Anybody have experience with this? Maybe I misnamed the thread. It should be "Garmin SL40 Comm question." I'm going to try to experiment with this parameter when I go to the airport tomorrow.