mlwynn

Well Known Member
Hi folks,

I am in the process of installing airfoil Grove gear. They have a pre-drilled internal brake line. I have to connect the outlet (right angle) fitting coming out of the bottom of the gear tower into the Grove fitting. There is about 2 inches between these, and they don't really line up. I am sure someone else has faced this issue. How did you solve it? Pictures, anyone?

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 (Pre-punches) Fuselage
San Ramon, CA

Hi folks,

I am in the process of installing airfoil Grove gear. They have a pre-drilled internal brake line. I have to connect the outlet (right angle) fitting coming out of the bottom of the gear tower into the Grove fitting. There is about 2 inches between these, and they don't really line up. I am sure someone else has faced this issue. How did you solve it? Pictures, anyone?

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 (Pre-punches) Fuselage
San Ramon, CA

It sounds like you need to move your caliper supply fitting to come out the top, and the bleed out of the bottom. This way, you will curl a soft alum brake line from the gear, around the front of the gear to the top of the caliper. Ill try and hunt a picture down.

brakeline.jpg

Last edited:
It was not easy and if I had it to do over again, would have deviated from the plans by swapping the brake fluid line and the fuel tank vent line routing through the tower. Doing so would have allowed a much cleaner installation of the brake fluid line.