Plane krazy

I have 1550 hours on my h2AD engine in my rv-7 thqt i bought used i now have fouled plug(s) that doesn't want to clear out when leaning out i know that i can clean them and regap (that was done at last inspection but i think that i would rather replace them

question 1 i have champions now and they are 23.50 each and the autolights are 15.95 each which is better?

question 2 are the wires easy to change coming out of the mag or do you have to buy the mag cover with the harness?

ken in maine

I have the...

Autolite plugs in my Piper, they work fine. The plug wire harness will come with the caps for the mags attached to the cables.

......question 1 i have champions now and they are 23.50 each and the autolights are 15.95 each which is better? .........
ken in maine

I have Autolite plugs, and they work great. HOWEVER, for some reason, they are very difficult to thread into the engine?????? In fact, I still have one Champion plug, because I couldn't get any of the Autolites to thread in to that particular cylinder.:confused: PS: I think all my spark plug holes have Heli-coil thread inserts. I had to "chase" the threads on the Autolite plugs to get them to work. O-320-E2D.

Anyone with ideas or similar problem?

I remember something like that, where the plugs were tight on the install only with a particular brand of cylinders, as I recall. I don't remember which brand cylinders though. This was a couple of years ago and reported to Unison by our company, as a possible defect at the time.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I run Autolite -37BY. Besides being lower cost, they are shorter and easier to install on the top.