danielhv

Well Known Member
Ok, so I don't have an AN470AD6 rivet to fill these holes... Will a pop-rivet work? I dont think I have one that size, but maybe grab one from lowes or home depot since its just to fill a hole? I just really dont want to stop working because I have to order 4 rivets. :(

I can't imagine why not. I had some big ones from some project I bought years ago, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a pop there. Just clean the area & the pop well, set it with the the head inside to make covering it easier, & proseal over it. Or, you could use 2 rivets to attach a small piece of scrap AL over the hole. (I'd prefer the pop.)

Charlie

Dan,

I think I've got a few of those rivets. Send your address and I'll drop 'em in the mail on Monday.

I wouldn't use a pop rivet that large.

If you can't find a solid rivet, make a small patch with at least 3 evenly spaced solid rivets.

PS..I was just over at Lake Dallas today for an EAA meeting. If You had posted this morning, I could have brought you a few rivets.

Last edited:
If you can't find a solid rivet, make a small patch with at least 3 evenly spaced solid rivets.

PS..I was just over at Lake Dallas today for an EAA meeting. If You had posted this morning, I could have brought you a few rivets.

Ahh man, dont you know you're supposed to call me every day and ask if I need anything from you!? :D :D Kidding! I take it you were at the newsletter folding deal... I joined the chapter a few weeks ago, but haven't made it out to meet any of the members yet! :(

Yep, at the newsletter folding party.

Ahh man, dont you know you're supposed to call me every day and ask if I need anything from you!?

Sorry, I forgot. I do have some if you want to come get them.
I've got an inspection in the morning @ HQZ, will be home mid-afternoon.

Thread revival. I closed up my tank and realized I left one of the tooling holes on the end rib open. Funny didn’t catch it until leak test.

Is there a pop rivet equivalent to a 470a-6.3? I could patch it as well but a pop rivet would be easier.

Thx.

On the RV-12iS fuel tank, we use an AD-62-BS blind rivet to plug the tooling holes. The instructions say to scuff around the tooling hole and apply a glob of sealant to the inside of the plug rivets. I also put some sealant over the rivet on the outside.

That’s so you can pass them along to others who have made the same mistake!
I have a stack of them you can have, but shipping from the U.K. might take a bit too long for you.