Which spark plug adapter do you use?

• Total voters

swisseagle

Well Known Member
Hello,

I'm thinking about to convert to auto plugs. I have 2x PMAG, but with aircraft spark plug. I do not like the situation about the plug adapters. So the questions pop up: Which adapter do you use?

EMAGAIR:
Screw the adapter onto the spark plug and torque the plug? Sometimes the plug also came loose when plug is taken out.

OR

Lightspeed:
Plug adapter screwed in with desired tourqe. Then spark plug gets torqued. Adapter stay in when plug is taken out.

Whow!

Whow Walt ... 2 minutes after putting this onto VAF, you allready answered!!! Ok, at your place it is still day, here it is 1 o'clock in the morning :eek: I should go to bed and see the results when the sun is up again.

Thanks!

I prefer to torque the adapter and then install the spark plug. Less chance damaging the spark insulator as most spark plug sockets have a fit rubber to protect the insulator. If the big socket for the adapter slips for any reason with the spark plug in the adapter, chances are damage can occur to the insulator. I still remove the adapter, clean and check condition and put new anti-seeze on both the adapter and the spark plug. So that would be Lightspeed.