Ron B.

Well Known Member
I tried to search for the thread that gave me the tip on plowing snow. Today is a beautiful flying day but my grass strip has about a foot of snow on it. I have plowed it before but the plow digs in and cuts the turf and I don't want to destroy my strip. Someone told me they put a plastic pipe on the cutting edge. I just made a slit in a 2" PVC conduit pipe and slid it on . I have a vee plow so I made one for each side. There is a 1/4" over lap strip on the blade so I made a notch in the tubing and it holds the tubing from sliding. I tried to think of a way to tie the tubing on, but decided to give it a try first.

Worked perfict first try. I plowed a strip 30' X 2000' in about 3/4 hr including the taxi way and turn loops on the eastern end. Pushed the snow away right to the grass but never lifted one blade of grass off. There is probably one inch of snow mixed in with the grass left behind.

To whom was the tipster, sorry I don't recall who it was (last years tip) , Thank you.

I'll be using this method from now on. I took some pictures from the air if only I could figure out how to post them.

Ron