jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Anyone know why Plexus is out of stock everywhere with massive backorder times? I really love this stuff but I'm almost out, what alternatives you guys like for our mega expensive canopies? :D

Anyone know why Plexus is out of stock everywhere with massive backorder times? I really love this stuff but I'm almost out, what alternatives you guys like for our mega expensive canopies? :D

I like Honda polish. It was off the market for several years but is available again now. Similar product to Plexus. In other hobbies with similar applications Honda used to be the go-to, many switched to Plexus when the Honda stuff went off the market.

I think they must all be good

I’d been away from plexiglass cleaning for 40 years. I bought the Novus #1 #2 products. My canopy is transparent. It is almost effortless to maintain.

Sprayway “glass cleaner” aerosol. It has no ammonia and is safe for plastic, works better than Pledge, no streaks and is reasonably priced. I get it at Home Depot.

Another vote for Brillianize. Started using it during the last Century on my sailplane's canopy and various towplane's windscreens and carried it over to both my RV-8s.

61knzx7auFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Beware

interesting thread, I use lemon pledge, seems to work fine
Figs

Lemon Pledge disappeared quite a while ago. It was a cleaner/wax that was safe for plexiglass. The newer Pledge lemon/citrus products are different. There are at least 5 of them such as Pledge Lemon Scent Furniture Polish.

I'll stick with products proven safe for plexiglass. Canopy replacement does not appeal to me.

Or just use the stuff from the window manufacture. Best thing I’ve ever used. A bottle last about a year. I get one every time I’m at OSH.

Attachments

• IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 111
I use Plexus for every day cleaning and bugs. I use Novus and a Porter-Cable for getting rid of fine micro scratches and every day cleaning if I'm out of Plexus

Last edited:
Sprayway “glass cleaner” aerosol. It has no ammonia and is safe for plastic, works better than Pledge, no streaks and is reasonably priced. I get it at Home Depot.

I've been using this product for 20 years. $4/can at WalMart or a 3 pak at Sam's Club for $10.

Thanks guys. I think I'll give that 210 or Brillianize a try.

Looking at the MSDS sheets, the 210 ingredients look almost identical to Plexus. Quite a bit cheaper too.

Been using Novus 1 for decades. Have not found anything better. Have found many products that work just as well at higher prices.

09-38110.jpg

I use the Sprayway stuff on my car but always assumed it had ammonia in it. MSDS shows none.