Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
The neglected stepchild needs your support. Tell everyone you know that even may be interested to go to the www.airventurecup.com website and dig out the entry forms and significant information from the mass of obsolete stuff so they can apply by 5-31-08 and have the opportunity to participate.

I wrote the EAA to ask for some publicity and all I got was ... well see below.

Bob Axsom

--------------------------

Bob,
The AirVenture Cup Committee views www.airventurecup.com as the official Web site of the race. I suggest contacting Eric Whyte with your concerns. I haven't gotten info from the committee requesting publication in Hotline or any of the EAA communications vehicles. The Web site you refer to is 100% controlled by the Race committee.

Ron Wagner, EAA 30248
Manager, EAA Field Relations

920-426-6122
1-888-322-4636, ext. 6122
EAA - The Spirit of Aviation
FAX 920-426-6560

www.eaa.org

See you at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - July 28 - August 3, 2008

Thanks
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:07 AM
To: Convention
Subject: Airventure Cup Race

The information at www.airventurecup.com has inaccuracies and the distribution is so limited it is outrageous. The deadline for entry is May 31, 2008. Can you please at least get some publicity out there.

Bob Axsom
EAA 370326

Bob,

I for one appreciate your efforts to get the word out about the AVC. I did it a few years ago and had a good time - both during the race and all the other ancillary activities before and after the race. The mass arrival and primo parking by the tower at OSH was nice too.

Would do it again but am exhibiting this year.

Have a great race! :D