DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Howdy!

The server that runs the VAF Forums is scheduled to be moved to its new physical location sometime this week (probably Friday during the day Dallas time) (originally planned for this evening.)

If all goes as planned it should only be down for 2-4hrs. The server will only be powered down for about 15 minutes, but the DNS entry change could take several hours to fully populate through the system.

When the tweaking is done, and if all goes as planned, you should see a noticeable improvement in performance while using the VAF Forums.

Sorry for the disruption and any inconvenience this may cause.

Best,

Doug Reeves
Delta Romeo, LLC
www.VansAirForce.net

PS: Here?s an article about the new data center:

Last edited:
ACK...

DOUG - Thats PRIME internet time here on the WEST coast!!

JK of course... we'll survive. Just wanted to post a quick note of THANK-YOU for all you do to keep this site alive!

Thanks for your labor and efforts to provide this website!

dj

LOL! <g>.

Correction on that move time now....the ISP just called me and re-sched for sometime FIRDAY *probably* they said. It's fluid and just might be Friday in the middle of the Dallas time day.

Sorry about the nebulous nature of the schedule, but that's the nature of these data center moves.

They've assured me it will be MUCH faster once the required tweaking is complete.

Best again and thanks!

Doug

Forum downtime now planned for 8/31 2030Z...

Current plan is for VAF Forums to be down from 08/31/06 starting at 2030Z through 9/1/06 0000Z (3:30pm through 7pm Dallas, TX time). I've been told the server might be accessible as soon as an hour after the move begins, but it might take longer (up to 3.5hrs).

Moving server to new and improved data center (more power and trunk line redundancies, etc).

Best,
Doug