UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - with the Pancake Breakfast season fast approaching, I am looking forward to some local trips. However, after seeing how some people treat airplanes, it has me a bit nervous.

I'd like to put a please do not touch banner on my plane, similar to the for sale banners I've seen on props at Oshkosh.... However, I am having trouble finding one. Has anyone seen something like this, and if so can you point me to where I can get one?

Thanks,
Jason

11c5dkw.jpg

Idea

Any local print shop will make them up cheap, and I believe EAA will ship you some as we had some for an airshow we had a year ago.

BUT...the people who will let their kids hang on your prop, pull on your pitot, and treat your wings like a jungle jim, apparently dont read.....just saying.

I had a stroller jammed into my wing then the same family lets their two of their kids climb onto the fabric wing of the pitts two over. I was very unpleasant at that point and they just looked at me like I was from another planet. Just the price we have to pay for for letting non aviation folks have a close look. Keep someone close to the planes...only way to do it.

Best preflight

Same happens with military planes at air shows. Believe it or not, I have also seen pilots do it, usually they check six, think we are not looking then push buttons in the cockpit...especially if it is on the controls and says anything about ordnance!

Afterwards do the BEST preflight ever, I recommend a very thorough FOD inspection too. I have found all sorts of things you would never think of (worst is a used sucker stick).

As for the sign, if you want a few for other planes as well, and want to try your hand rolling your own, get a cheap sewing machine from a store near you. $99 or less with coupons. Buy naugahyde at a fabric store. Cut letters out of a contrasting color. Cut other color rectangle about 1-1.5" larger than 2x your prop's largest blade "circumference". Sew letters on bottom half, fold in half with fold on top, sew bottom and appropriate end. Make 2, 1 for each prop blade.

If you already have the sewing machine, this will be very cheap. I have done this for machine covers in the workshop, very easy to sew.