DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
The original plugs were Denso W24EMR-C . These are the automotive style plugs with now about 400 hours on them. Don't seem to now be able to locate exact replacements easily. Anyone have a brand and or plug number you would offer as a replacement? Don't believe these are the Iradium fine wire type. However if those are preferred would change to that . Most denso plugs seem to now be this style.

Plugs

NGK BR8ES solid cap plugs
They come with screw on caps or solid caps, you want the solid caps. I change them at every condition inspection because they are cheap. You can find then at most auto parts stores.

I use NGK 3809 (BR9EIX), this is one range cooler than the 8 in the iridium style. I run a lot of peak/LOP ops and these work good for me and show less wear than the standard plugs.

FYI

Klause from Lightspeed says that he prefers Denso over NGK and the Denso IK24 is an excellent plug for that product and engine comb. Looks like they also are not on the shelf locally and will need to be ordered.

Preference is one thing but I have been running the NGKs in my aircraft with no problems. I changed the original set at 100 hours but they didn't need it; I'm at 200 hours now and the second set is fine. I clean and re-gap at each annual and oil change.

New Plugs

A actually installed 4 new NGK BR8ES today. Better know on the shelf at Advanced Auto as P/N 3961. That will get you the solid connector cap style as recommended above. $ 2.59 each. Seem to work great. Thanks for the info.