prkaye

Well Known Member
OK, I've been over the plans a few times, and I'm sure there are some big steps missing before "Rolling over the canoe" on page 8-10.
The steps I don't see but i'm pretty sure i should do before rolling the canoe:

1 - drilling the firewall to the forward edge of the F-972 forward bottom skin
2 - drilling/installing those outboard seat ribs to the side skins
3 - riveting the F-972 forward bottom skin to the fuselage itself... the plans say to rivet the -970 skins on but don't actually tell you to rivet the F-972.
4 - Riveting the firewall to the fuse (there are two rows of rivets through the bottom skin and firewall... do i leave one or both of these open for now, or rivet them? not sure if the Cowel also gets riveted through this at the bottom.)
5- other miscellaneous drilling / riveting

I jut want to be sure that all the above tasks should in fact be done BEFORE rolling over the canoe.

On number four of your list about riveting the firewall. Makes no difference when you do this. Yes you will be doing some riveting to the forward line of holes to attach the cowl. But only after you decide how you are going to attach using the piano hinges or some other bracket. That will will be later on after you roll the boat. I wish I had painted the bottom first but O-well.
The rest of the items you mentioned are just as easy to do later as well. You will plenty of (bottom time) later as you will need to install antennas, leg fairings, take a nap ect.