frankh

Well Known Member
To Loveland Colorado...From Western Oregon, Maybe next Tuesday.

So as always, can somebody tell me where to land, tie down where to get reasonable price on 100LL and who I can meet, planes, projects I can visit while I'm there...:)

I built my 7a so would love to neighbour with anyone out that way.

My lovely Wife tells me the WX can be a bit violent out that way so recent conditions or anything I should be aware of is most welcome...I have an IFR ticket if its safe to use it but no in-cockpit weather.

Cheers

Frank the Brit 7a

Loveland, Colorado

Loveland, CO:

Closest airport is Fort Collins-Loveland Municipal (FNL). Caution: Downtown Fort Collins airport (3V5) has been closed.

Information on FNL and several surrounding airports can be found on our web site http://www.fnlpilots.org

Tie downs are available on the main ramp area near the Jet Center. The airport has corporate jet traffic in addition to maybe 2 flights a day Allegiant Air MD-80 slot machine runs to/from Las Vegas. No tower. 100LL is by truck only & more expensive than neighboring airports. Greeley GXY, Longmont LMO, and Platte Valley 18V all have self service at much lower prices.

Unless you are experienced mountain flyer and/or care to fly high; best to come in through southern Wyoming and then drop down to FNL.

Finished & in-progress RVs on field, jet Berkut, YAK, seen a Spitfire sitting out there, sometimes C-130s do touch & goes, forest fire fighters on field, cross wind runway is short & rough, lots of building going on surrounding areas...

Thanks!

Might as well stay out of the hills if I can so that sounds like the route.

Appreciate the help..WX looks good next week!

Frank 7a

Going to FNL

Well my trip from Oregon to Co got cancelled two weeks back on account I got sick...But Wednesday 4th July we are planning to make the trip and to tie down by the Jet center....Thanks for the info Greyhawk.

We will be heading back home on Sunday.

Would love to meet any of you out that way...will also plan for a fuel run to Platt Valley during our stay.

Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers

Frank 7a

WE're on our way

Its just past 4am and Marci and I are just baout to head for the airport. Intend to be wheels up at 5am.

First stop will be in Gooding Idaho and the second will be our destination at FNL.

This is just to say we've left.

Cheers

Frank 7a