lockeed

Well Known Member
I just booked a trip in the Rockies Sept 7th trought Sept 15th. We'll be in north Vancouver on Sept 12, then on the Vancouver Island the 13th (Tofino/Ucluelet area), and back in Vancouver on the 14th.

I'd really like to rent a plane to visit the Island and the surounding grass fields and things of that nature... or just get to ride along with someone for a quick morning or evening flight. I think that would really make my trip worth it and it would be a nice way to wrap it up!

If you have suggestions for rentals or know someone in that area, let me know! :D

Thx

try the white pages?

I'm sure there's a few on the RV list around Boundary bay, langley, delta etc.
I am in the Okanagan, but sounds like you are just taking the airlines into YVR?
If you want to rent, I'm sure you know how much fun that is....bring your logs, insurance etc. etc. and even then, it's tough to find a flight school that rents to anyone but their students.
I'm sure someone on the island knows better?..perhaps up island, Duncan, Parksville etc.
have fun!

Langley (CYNJ) has the largest concentration of RV's in the lower mainland area, I think we counted over 20 based at the field last summer. Delta Heritage Airpark (CAK3) is the local grassroots flying hub, with a beautiful grass strip and usually cheap gas. You'll miss the monthly pancake breakfast (on the 9th of September) at Delta, but there will still be people around if the weather isn't wet.

I'm sure there's a few on the RV list around Boundary bay, langley, delta etc.
I am in the Okanagan, but sounds like you are just taking the airlines into YVR?
If you want to rent, I'm sure you know how much fun that is....bring your logs, insurance etc. etc. and even then, it's tough to find a flight school that rents to anyone but their students.
I'm sure someone on the island knows better?..perhaps up island, Duncan, Parksville etc.
have fun!

Actualy, I'll be going by the Valley (kelowna) on the fifth day (Sept 12) and sleeping at The Cove Lakeside Resort that night. Then heading back to North Vancouver the following day, and on the Island the day after that.

My itinerary is:

Whistler - Revelstoke - Lake Louise/Moraine Lake (2 days) - Kelowna - North Vancouver - Ucluelet - Vancouver for the last night

By the way guys, my 2010 RV-6A is from Comox and was delivered here by the owner/builder in May 2011 :)

Last edited:
Langley (CYNJ) has the largest concentration of RV's in the lower mainland area, I think we counted over 20 based at the field last summer. Delta Heritage Airpark (CAK3) is the local grassroots flying hub, with a beautiful grass strip and usually cheap gas. You'll miss the monthly pancake breakfast (on the 9th of September) at Delta, but there will still be people around if the weather isn't wet.

Delta heritage Airpark looks like a great place. That's the type of strip I'm looking to visit while I'm there...

Honnestly, what I'd really like to visit is the Orcas area... Sans Juan, Lopez, Orcas Island with their dozen of small grass strip... Looks like paradise on earth for light aviation!

I don't that many grass strip on the BC side of the border thought... Maybe on the south east tip of the Island?

contact info

well Mr. Lockheed....:) I can't guarantee a flight, but feel free to contact me if I can be of any help....I live in West Kelowna, and am sure you'll enjoy 'the Cove' resort. There are probably 10 wineries within a few miles, but be sure to visit the big Mission Hill estate winery; you'll be able to see it from the Cove.
I'll pm my contact info.
enjoy!

Is there some sort of list of all the airstips around Vancouver, including the island? I'd like to print it and bring it along if there is, or I'll just try to compile them...

I'll definitely stop along the way to take pictures and do some investigative sightseeing as I'm taking notes for my next trip west already :rolleyes:

Next time, I'll bring the plane along :D

Qualicum, Courtenay, Nanaimo, and Victoria all have great eats right near or on the field. All four are on Vancouver Island.

On the mainland, Chilliwack has great pie, but the lineups on a sunny weekend are something to behold. Worth the wait, in my opinion, and on a sunny day there will be lots of planes to look at. Pitt Meadows and Langley both have food on the field too.

Is there some sort of list of all the airstips around Vancouver, including the island? I'd like to print it and bring it along if there is, or I'll just try to compile them...

I'll definitely stop along the way to take pictures and do some investigative sightseeing as I'm taking notes for my next trip west already :rolleyes:

Next time, I'll bring the plane along :D

Contact the BC Aviation Council for a copy of their facilities map, which includes private airports.