Jim P

Well Known Member
I received my IO-360-M1 with the Plane Power EI60/B alternator installed. The down side was that I was expecting a B&C externally regulated and have already wired with the LR-30. It looks fairly straight forward to remove the LR-3 and wire in the new IR alternator.

Anyone done this yet?

Thanks,
Jim

Easy

Jim P said:
I received my IO-360-M1 with the Plane Power EI60/B alternator installed. The down side was that I was expecting a B&C externally regulated and have already wired with the LR-30. It looks fairly straight forward to remove the LR-3 and wire in the new IR alternator.

Anyone done this yet?

Thanks,
Jim
You are right it is straight forward, there is nothing to it. Remove the LR-3 or 30 or whatever and sell it for +$200 or return it to B&C for credit and put that in your gas fund.

Don't be disappointed, you have saved money and weight and if you would have gone with the Plane Power set-up to start, saved wiring and installation time.

The big wire B'lead or output is the the same.

- Forget the field wire, gone
- "Alt Field" connect to terminal #1 & #2 (I think) on plane power
- "Lamp" connected as Plane power shows #3, 1 amp.

Just follow plane power's instructions.

Done deal, there are no gotcha's, just remove the external regulator and collect the cash.

The money you get for the regulator will pay for 1/2 the alternator and internal regulator with all the mount hardware. I would be happy.

Last edited: