flydjd

Well Known Member
Hi all,

On my 7A QB I have just drilled the pitot hole for the Vans standard pitot connection in the port wing (thks Mickey) and have a Q re the 2 rolls of ATO-032 X 1/4 " tubing supplied with the kit.
They are 14' and 19' respectively - OTHER than the pitot run in the left wing are there any other runs as long as that for pitot or brake lines which would influence which roll I start chopping up ?

Also any advice please about how much to leave over at the inboard end of the wing PLUS any links/pics on how to connect this to the Fuselage.
Finally as this will be yet another 1st for my building learning curve any hints re bending tube on the bench and then installing or the other way round

Thks and rgds
David

No direct answer but some help perhaps

I modified my pitot system somewhat and it is an RV-6A instead of a "7" but the demands of the system are the same. I installed a heated pitot head for IFR flight and routed the tubing along the spar to the end which is equivalent to the center of the fuselage and left it unterminated (but covered) there on April 21, 1997 until the final mate of the wing to the fuselage where this photograph was taken on November 2, 2003:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

The upper tube is the pitot line. I bent it forward on assembly to route to the right angle bulkhead fitting in the side of the fuselage, cut it with a very small tubing cutter, installed the coupling nut and sleeve, flaired the tube and mated it with the bulkhead fitting.

Bob Axsom