Skint

Well Known Member
Once the pitot tube is inside the fuselage, which route did you guys chose to run it up to the panel?

RV 7a.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took mine all the way to the center and then forward through the little tunnel in the floor with the wires and the fuel tubing. The static line just stayed underneath the longeron all the way to the panel.

RV-6A but could be similar

I have five bulkhead fittings penetrating the left fuselage wall within the footprint of the wing root. The pitot tube uses on of them. I have a smooth but fairly small radius curve in the line from the fitting to under the lower longeron with the brake line and the main tank vent to the the corner by the firewall then up the corner to the destination. The static line in routed forward under the upper longeron.

Bob Axsom

I had both Pitot and AOA tubes come inside the fuselage behind the large pushrod tube opening (I made 2 new small holes for each plastic line). I then went aft and brought them up through the seat pan and armrest (2 more holes each) then all the way to the instrument panel under the longeron. No obstructions this way, and my side panels will hide the tubes toward the back.

I ran mine up behind the vertical cap over the center section (don't have plans handy to for the part number), then under the top rail of the fuselage to the panel. Makes for a pretty short run. I used a single piece of plastic tube, no issues in 2 years.

Mine come in just forward of the pushrod hole, through the spar holes along with the wiring, along the L bottom corner of the fuse, through a hole in the bulkhead and up the forward side of the bulkhead to behind the panel. On a 9A.

greg