Rivethead

Well Known Member
In the beginning I had planed to use a simple bent tube. Moving along on the project I went with a Dynon EFIS and since it was available decided to use the AOA Pitot instead of the simple tube. Now that I'm ready to plumb the Pitot tube I'm going to pull the wiring out of one of the two the grommeted holes, the other already being used for Pitot, and use those holes for the second air source. However, my wires need to go back in. I'm wondering how some of you might do this? Pictures would be nice. My first thought is to use a wire tie or string wrap a piece of tubing along the back side of one of the large rib lightening holes.

I just finished changing out my old pipe pitot with dynons angle of attack pitot. I too had that thought go through my mind, however i ended up just drilling another set of 3/8" holes through the ribs for the AOA tube. It took a while to figure out how to drill the holes in the tight space, however I got it done with a right angle drill adapter, and a deburring bit that just happened to be 3/8 inch diameter. It only took maybe an hour to get all the holes drilled. Also a few different extensions for the adapter aided in getting it done.

I personally wouldn' t just tie something bulky like a tube to run your wires in inside the lightening holes as the bellcrank assembly and push tubes from your ailrons move considerably in there, unless you tied it to the lightening holes more rearward in the wing.

Best solved by just drilling the new holes for the AOA tube.

Also make sure to put your pitot mast inside of the tie down ring so your tie down ropes won't interfer with the pitot tube.

Good Luck

Jarvis

Last edited: