evmeg

Ok fellow builders, I have had several inquiries about whether or not I would discount my pitot tube kits for a group buy. Since I am currently participating in the Hooker harness group buy I can hardly say no. So heres the deal...I will discount the kit by 25% for a group buy of 10 or more, limited to the stock on hand. Anybody interested should just call or email me directly and add your name to the list. As soon as I hit the 10 mark I will ship them out. Those interested can have a look at the kits at the following link:
http://www.evansaviationproducts.com/Other Products.htm

Cheers...
Evan Johnson
www.evansaviationproducts.com
(530) 351-1776 cell

Evan,

I tried to email you via the "contact us" on your website and the email was returned undeliverable. Here is the error message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: Pitot tube group buy
Sent: 2/21/2006 5:05 PM
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
'[email protected]' on 2/21/2006 5:05 PM
550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

I might be interested in the pitot tube group buy. I know your pitot tube is not heated. However, can you tell me if the mount will accept a standard 5812 style heated pitot should I decide to go that way in the future? What little research I have done on this leads me to believe that if I buy a heated pitot, most of the time I need to purchase the mount separate. My thought is to go with yours and run wires to the bay. Then, in the future if I decide I want heat, I can just swap it out.

Thanks,

Sorry about the email not working.....I dont know what would cause that. I have been getting quite a few others so I suspect a spam filter or somthing like that. I have sent out quite a few mounts by themselves to builders who already had pitots and most of them have worked out (I think I got back 2). To make it work there would be some fit up. The screws I use to hold the pitot on to the mast are larger than the standard AN5812 and are countersunk. So you would probably have to resize the holes on the pitot. So your answer is a definate maybe :) I will check one out for you today if you like, I think I have an AN 5812 knocking around the hanger somewhere. Feel free to call if the email persists on boucing.
Evan Johnson
[email protected]
(530)351-1776 cell

OK...I tried a standard AN5812 in a random mount from my supply and it fit perfectly. As I said before the only issue I could see is that I use a larger countersunk screw. So to change to a heated pitot you would either have to enlarge the holes on the pitot or use a tinnerman washer so the screws will sit fush. Hope this helps....call with questions.
Evan Johnson

Group Pitot buy

There wasn't much chatter on evmegs offer for discounted Pitot tubes but I already received mine today and it's of superior quality. It was shipped to me before I even sent payment. Not sure how many of you took advantage of this offer but anyone considering a VFR setup or not needing a heated Pitot should check out Evan's site www.evansaviationproducts.com for a very nice, well built and good looking product.
NYTOM 6A sloooooow build

Last edited: