s10sakota

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I only have about 4 feet of tubing left from Vans to make my pitot and static lines in the wing. So obviously I need to order more.

Once I run the lines in the wing, how much extra should I leave to stick out of the root rib of the wing? Do I need enough to go all the way to the panel, or do I install a separate line in the fuselage and then connect them out side the fuse by the wing root?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I only have about 4 feet of tubing left from Vans to make my pitot and static lines in the wing. So obviously I need to order more.

Once I run the lines in the wing, how much extra should I leave to stick out of the root rib of the wing? Do I need enough to go all the way to the panel, or do I install a separate line in the fuselage and then connect them out side the fuse by the wing root?

Thanks!

Not knowing your panel design, it's hard to give a definitive answer.

In my RV-10, I have to take the static line to five devices on the panel. (3 EFIS, 1 AP, & 1 Alternate Static Port) and the pitot line to all but the alternate static port. The pitot line in the wing is aluminum per plans, but in the wing root I transitioned to a nylon like tubing.

The push on connectors that SteinAir sells also do a good job at tranistioning between materials. With the variety of connectors and the fact that it's easier to install than aluminum lines, it may help solve your
dilemma.

bob

Last edited:
Get one of these.
http://www.safeair1.com/averytools/pitotstaticplumbingkit.php
I haven't installed mine yet but from reading other posts, most leave the excess spooled at the wing root till it's time to mate wings and route lines. Guess I'll find out.

Yup.

2012-01-22_14-22-52_115.jpg