tkatc

Well Known Member
Thinking about doing the SafeAir kit in the -8. I'm wondering if those fittings are so different from the other quick disconnect fittings you can get online for much cheaper than $4-5 per fitting....

Anyone have any experience with this?

Tony - I have been gradually switching over the the quick connect pitot / static setup with each subsequent modification to my RV-8. I really like working with it and it is easy-peezy.

I have used both on my RV-9A and I prefer the SafeAir's. Not trying to start a product war, this is just my experience. The SafeAir's are much easier to remove the tubing - which you will be doing during the install and beyond. And they have support ferrels built into the fittings that the tubing slips over.

I guess my question is, if you google quick connect pneumatic fittings or push to connect fittings you get a TON of results for these fittings. I assume they are suitable for the pitot/static system for a fraction of the "SafeAir" type kits.

I bought some of mine from McMaster-Carr for a much lower price; they appear to be identical and they work well.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Yeah, the mcmaster ones are fine, and you'll get then tomorrow by ups ground, our you can pick them up on Fulton industrial...