apatti

Well Known Member
All,

I researched this and didn't see anything specific. One person said he didn't want to use and elbow in the pitot line, but...

The pitot line enters the fuse just aft of the center (804) bulkhead. I am planning on having a AHRS in the back underneath the baggage compartment shelf. I would also like to have a backup airspeed indicator in the panel. So, my idea is to put a "T" in the pitot line where it enters the fuse and run one line forward and one line aft.

Here is my reasoning for thinking a "T" in the pitot line is not a problem. Please let me know if I am incorrect. I don't think a "T" is a problem in the pitot line is a problem because there really isn't much air flow in the line, just pressure. I guess if my airspeed changes very, very rapidly a "T" might cause some lag. However, if my airspeed changes that rapidly, I am guessing I have other problems with which to deal.

Thanks for any comments...

OK

A "T" in the line is standard aircraft practice. There should be no actual airflow in either pitot or static line.

gil A