Charles in SC

Well Known Member
What are some good ways for transitioning from the metal tube in the wing to a plastic line in the fuselage? Is it best to make the change between the wing and fuse or inside the fuse? In either case does the line come in the fuse through the push rod hole or the small grommeted hole?
Thanks in advance!

I ran nylon all the way from the Pitot. In my 6, I ran the line forward of the spar and entered through a grommeted hole in the fuse. I used 90* push to connect fittings in the fuse just inside the grommet to keep the bend tight.

Be sure to secure it real well if you go through the pushrod hole.

Larry

Flare the metal line, use an AN816 fitting to go to an 1/8 NPT and screw in the appropriate Safeair fitting (SA-F1), plug the plastic tube into the Safeair. Doesn't really mater where you make the transition - comes in through the small grommeted hole.

Pete

Last edited:
Get the Safeair connections. They have ones that connect directly to the pitot and aoa tube and connect to flexible tubing. Don't bother with the aluminum tubing. Easy install.

original location kinked mine

the original location kinked my alum line. so I did it over and moved the pitot line further aft with a dog leg inside the wing that resulted in a straight run into the fuselage. requires another hole with grommet in fuselage and ribs. then RTV rubber hose from alum to nylon tube inside the fuselage.

Last edited: