JohnJacobsen

Has anyone put the pitot tube in the right wing? Dont think it would make a difference but thought I would ask. Reason I ask is , I already have the left wing ribs riveted on and wanted to drill for an AOA tube as well, and there is limited room there. Thought it would be easier to just put it in right wing since I havent started it. Any thoughts?

John, Either wing will work fine. Just be sure it is outboard of the prop blast.
Mel...DAR

You can still put in the left wing

I had the same problem and here is how I drilled the holes.

1. Locate and pilot drill the 2nd hole for the AOA line
2. By an extension for your unibit
3. Grind the end of theextension down so it will just fit through the hole, I think it is 5/8" dia.
4. Drill one hole, remove unibit, push extension through hole, re-install unibit, drill next hole.

I hope this helps.

Unibit extension

Bill , where did you get your extension? You mean like the ones in hardware stores? Think I saw one in Lowes for bits with flats on them. Guess thats what your talking about. Sounds like a good idea.

Try Avery's

Here is the link to Avery's 12" STEP DRILL EXTENSION.

Other tool vendors also have them.

While you are ordering, you might want to buy a 90 degree angle drill kit. You will need it when you get to the fuselage. (I'm assuming you don't have one.) That way you can save some shipping costs and you get two cool new tools at the same time.

Bill