rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
Ok I just started test fitting my Pitot connections using the Safeair kit. I already have a couple of newby questions. And don't say I'm sucking air. Ok corny.

I did a test fit of the tubing by the bellcrank and installed the tubing into the "quick release" fitting. I can't seem to release the tubing now. I pulled back the collar but I can't get the tubing out. I'm afraid to pull back any more on the collar since I might break it. Any tricks here? These aren't one time use right?

The other thing I was wondering about was sealant on the threads of the NPT fittings. What is the suggested method of sealing these threads? Is Teflon tape a no-no? I think I have some sealant that I bought for the fuel lines if I can find it. Something like 767, but I can't remember the number right now.

There is an o-ring in the fittings so if they were completely dry with no lube then they might stick in the o-ring, just press in the sleeve all the way and twist when pulling, they will come out. I cut the ends with a razor tool from Stein Air and then use some 600 grit to break the edge and avoid possibility of marring the internal o-ring.