RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
I am getting ready to drill all the necessary holes in the wing ribs for conduit and pitot/AoA tubing. My plan right now is to drill to 3/8" (confirmed with SafeAir1) the upper and lower tooling holes just behind the front flange of the rear ribs to accomodate snap-bushings for a SafeAir1 pitot and AoA tubing kit. The middle 7/16" hole provided by Van's will stay open and unused for now. My ribs already have three (yes 3) tooling holes, so I am not drilling new holes, just enlarging holes that are already there (Van's has confirmed my plan is good).

I am not plumbing the wing now, but before I start drilling, I would like to know how you route and secure the pitot/AoA tubing past the aileron bellcrank? I've looked on the web and I can't seem to find pics of anyone's final install. I guess I just like to know now while I can still change my mind.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Brad,

I routed my pitot tube hose and coax under the bellcrank, that is between the bellcrank and the spar. I used the zip/cable tie mounting bases (sticks to the spar) with zip ties to hold the hose against the spar so it has clearence between it and the bellcrank (http://steinair.com/cableties.htm). It was much cleaner and easier than trying to go around the bellcrank.

Hope this helps.

Mike

dsc00904a6sh.jpg