Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I purchased a replica of my RV12 when I was at Fun-N-Sun this year. This exhibitor (http://www.factorydirectmodels.com) caught my eye and had to have one for my desk at work. Pictures of their workmanship and detail;

Factorydirect1.jpg

Factorydirect2.jpg

Factorydirect3.jpg

Unbelievable the detail on interior and panel replication

Factorydirect4.jpg

The replication with the paint is outstanding :D

I am sure they will be at Oshkosh exhibiting.

Ive wanted one of these but am curious; can any of them do custom shapes too for a fastback -4?

I am guessing yes - I talked with those folks a year or two back about doing a custom model of the RV-1 (I never had time to follow up - not their fault), and it didn't phase them to take on a new shape. We never did get to an actual quote of what that would cost, however....

Can someone post his photos of the model directly into this thread? All I am seeing are little red x's.....and I'd love to see the model of his plane.

Thanks!

Custom? no problem.

They did my Kitfox and had never done a Kitfox before. They want you to send lots of photos. When done they send lots of photos back for you to OK the work. I don't remember exact price but it at the time but it was less than half an RV unit.

Another RV-12 from Factory Direct Models

Placed the order at Sun&Fun.Takes 4/5 months to complete. I just received these picture for acceptance, don't have the model home yet. Looks good so far except for the landing light on the left wing (I don't have one) and the canopy looks a bit small (looks more like a RV-7). But I'm really impressed by the paint.

vans-rv-12-fd14-2354l1.jpg

vans-rv-12-fd14-2354l6.jpg

vans-rv-12-fd14-2354l3.jpg

vans-rv-12-fd14-2354l4.jpg

vans-rv-12-fd14-2354l7.jpg

vans-rv-12-fd14-2354l9.jpg