avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Hey all-

Converting from CS engine to FP. Have done the crankshaft plug thing, removed the oil line that goes from the front of the engine to the governor pad, and got a pipe plug for the front hole that this line comes off BUT...
I'm having a bit of time finding the right size pipe plug for the REAR hole from the oil line. Although a 2d will kind of screw in that hole it's not really snug and I am sure this is not correct (that did work fine in the front hole).
So...
What size pipe plug goes in the rear hole by the governor where the oil line used to be?

Thanks.
Peter K
9A

Plugging Hole?

Peter,

If you are converting back to a fixed pitch, are you going to leave the governor mount on the engine? It's easier to install the cover plate after removing all that excess weight from your engine.
You can get the cover plate from ECI at www.eci2fly.com
If you don't have a parts manual, let me know. I can look it up for you when I'm at home. Hard at work right now! :)

Some are 9/16-18 straight thread that would require an o-ring sealed type plug and some were tapered pipe thread (1/4 pipe I think) depending on the vintage of the engine.
Good luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."