Rick6a

Well Known Member
I am looking for an alternative glareshield edge trim to the textured black vinyl material commonly available through our better known RV vendors. Such edge treatment is sometimes called "pinch welt" or "windlace." I'd like to install an edging style that is a bit more rounded or bulbous than the typical stuff seen on so many RV's. Ideally, it would be a snap on variety. Is such a material choice even available, if so, where?

Hi Rick

I used 1/2" black rubber fuel tube from Canadian Tire (like Pep Boys). I used some acetone to rub off the lettering, then an xacto knife to split it. Slides right on, is nice and round, and cost $2. It looks really good.

Cheers

Go to your local NAPA or auto store or body shop they usually have various types of edge finishing products. Just tell them what you want to do.

You can also use the fuel hose with a fabric/leather/naugahyde covering of your choice--------just cut a strip as long as the tube, half inch or so wider than the hose circumference, lay the hose slit up on the fabric, wrap it up and around the hose, tuck the edges into the slit.

Easier to do, than describe.