RickWoodall

Well Known Member
9ut34p.jpg

My $200 garmin gtx327 tranponder harness apparently didnt come with pins 19 and 20 for serial feed installed. I need to get the right pins and add the two wires. Without having to Stein or Spruce it, can anyone tell me what those pins are called so I can see if a local electronics shop can supply and crimp on two and get me back on track? Seems like a printer or puter type pin.

ARE THESE SA1017 Pins that I can just use the dynon tool on???

Last edited:
But...

I am in Canada, and was hoping for a faster fix. If i can get some info on the pins, I was hoping to source locally at a puter, or printer tech shop so I can get this up and running. A week for a courier to get me .20 in pins is not choice a. Thanks anyway.

Radio Shack or equiv. / Avionics Shop

Any local electronics retailer should have them. You could also find your local Avionics Shop and see if they would let you steal some.
They are call sub D pins.

The exact part numbers you need are identified in the front of the GTX-327 manual and are available from Mouser.com, Newark.com, Alliedelec.com, among others. Your local avionics shop could also hook you up. Good luck.

Hi Rick,

I would think you could find something locally that would work (simple Dsub pin) although it's likely it won't be a good mil spec machined type so you'll most likely have to solder it.

My recommendation for a quick/easy fix would be to find a wire in that connector or in another device that isn't being used and simply re-purpose them for your use. Is your harness wired for Gray Code/Parallel? If so and you have a Dynon you could drastically simplify the wiring on the GTX connector and re-purpose those lines for other use....

Just one alternative.

Cheers,
Stein