m3tt5

Wow did I have a wonderfull day with my RV. My dad has a friend that has a P51 and he said he would give me a ride someday. Today was the day. He called me up and said let's go for a ride. So I said ok I guess. He said he would pick me up at the airport in a hour and a half. He lives 442 air miles away from me. So here is a guy that just went out for a afternoon flight and just came to give me a ride. I thought it was special. But here the best part we asked him if a buddy of mine could fly my RV6A and we take photo's of each other in formation and that was really neat. I guess my point is pilot's alway's seem to go out of the way to share the dream of flight to anyone no matter how much it cost them. I tried to pay for his gas but he would not let me. I should not be surprised as the people at Oshkosh are the same. Very generous with their time in volunteering. Thank you to all the people in avaition that has gave a ride to someone or helped in some way to promote avaiton no matter what you fly and thank you Doug for the hour's and hour's you spend making the forum possible so people like me can share my dream with other's.

Wow--I'm jealous! Just the sound of a P-51 makes my hair stand on end. Tell us about the flight. I would expect it was a little different than flight in the 6.

Bob Kelly

OK I guess!!!!

Wow... was that hard to get out. I can't even say what I would of said!

Now where are the pics..... share please. :D The P-51 is my favorite plane and one of the reasons I go to Reno every year to watch them race.

Wow... was that hard to get out. I can't even say what I would of said!

Now where are the pics..... share please. :D The P-51 is my favorite plane and one of the reasons I go to Reno every year to watch them race.

I can not figure out how to post them. Can someone help me? I think my buddy in the Rv6 flying in formation with the P51 is just as much of a honor. How many of us get to do that? I would of liked to of been in my plane flying with him in formation. I have never been that close to another plane in the air. It was a very quick ride as he had to get home before dark. Which was fine by me. Just him taking the time to fly all that way to give me a ride is something. When I go out to fly in the afternoon in my Rv I may travel a 100 miles more or less mostly in a circle I guess. But when you own a P51 you go out in the afternoon and travel over 800 miles and spend maybe a $1000 in fuel just to give somebody you really don't know that well a ride. He is truly a blessed and giveing person.. I did get the flight on my camcorder from start up to shut down which is really neat from the back seat.