gasman

Well Known Member
Friend
HOW WIDE IS THE SEAT BACK (PILOT) USED IN THE 8? ALSO, is the bottom hinged like the 7?

Thanks,

Warren

Tall pilot option issue

HOW WIDE IS THE SEAT BACK (PILOT) USED IN THE 8? ALSO, is the bottom hinged like the 7?

Thanks,

Warren

Warren,
It's 12" wide at the bottom, 13 9/16" wide at the top. It's hinged at the bottom just like the 7. If you go for the tall pilot option, either make an extra seat back which is 2" longer, or simply make an extra seat back, which is two inches longer. I made an extra seat back. The stock seat back (with bottom mounted at stock hinge point) barely contacts the "tall pilot" option weldment.
I also added a second mounting hinge located 1.5" rearward of the stock hinge location. The stock length seat back will work fine with the "tall pilot" option, when using this rear mounted hinge. My longer seat back is 13 5/8" at the top.
Charlie Kuss

Warren,
It's 12" wide at the bottom, 13 9/16" wide at the top. It's hinged at the bottom just like the 7. If you go for the tall pilot option, either make an extra seat back which is 2" longer, or simply make an extra seat back, which is two inches longer. I made an extra seat back. The stock seat back (with bottom mounted at stock hinge point) barely contacts the "tall pilot" option weldment.
I also added a second mounting hinge located 1.5" rearward of the stock hinge location. The stock length seat back will work fine with the "tall pilot" option, when using this rear mounted hinge. My longer seat back is 13 5/8" at the top.
Charlie Kuss

Charlie,

I temporarily installed the front seat back this weekend and it also just barely contacts the "tall pilot" weldment. I haven?t riveted the front seat back together yet and need to extend it about 1" if using the stock hinge location.

How did you make your longer seat back?
Is there an easy way to modify the existing one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.