Not on a Seven...

At least not easily. I drilled in various holes to allow the rudder pedals to be moved fore and aft, but it requires removal of bolts in a unpleasant place (once assembled). They can move, but it will not be any fun to move them.

Do rudder pedals on Vans move back and forth to accommodate pilot height? Thnx.

Inseam length can be more significant than height for pedals. Two guys both 6"2" one inseam 33 another 37; Big difference.

S'Trooth !

Inseam length can be more significant than height for pedals. Two guys both 6"2" one inseam 33 another 37; Big difference.

I happen to be 6'2, with long torso and short legs. 31" inseam, but canopy height is a biggie. My $.02: Spend at least an hour in the cockpit. Then be aware that rudder pedals can be moved, and seat cushions can be fabricated to suit. And as a last resort, the canopy can be made higher to increase headroom.

You are oughtta luck if you are too wide!:rolleyes:

Pushing all the parameters...................:eek:

My inseam is also 27". After hearing a friend who is around 6'3" complain after riding in a couple of other people's RVs, I decided to push the rudder pedals as forward as possible and am installing a 3" rudder pedal extension and an separate 1" extension at the top of the brake pedals for the pilot side. I'm also using the forward most hinge line for the seat back bottom and lots of cushions. The fixed crotch strap location should be, ahem, interesting:eek:

In talking to my tall friend I also was grateful that I did not install any kind of center console under the instrument panel, nor any extra strip below the instrument panel for switches. All these things tend to restrict room for feet, legs, knees and available adjusting/squirming/shifting positions in flight.

I think one advantage we shorter folks have, is that the seating position tends to be fairly upright with the seat back hinge in the aft position for taller people. Move the seat hinge to the most forward position and you're more reclined, which I find more comfy. You just have to make sure you've got enough cushions to be no more than 2 or three fingers below the canopy with your headset. If you want more upright, then the seat back spacer thing that fits into the slots in the cross member will enable this. Most folks I've talked to simply leave the back in it's maximum reclined position.

All this from a guy with a only a few hours in OTHER peoples RVs, and around 6 hours of PIC in a 7A so take it for what it's worth (probably less than .02 Cents!). I've done my transition training and hope to be flying in late spring, after finishing and a brush up training.

Jeremy

RV7A