UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - I've just about got the FWF plummed and wired, and am now starting on some of the wiring in the fuselage. I am struggling a bit in how exactly to get wires from the rear of the plane to behind the panel and vise versa.

I would love to see some pictures of exactly how others have accomplished this (or a link to a web page, etc). I don't think this step will be a ton of work, but am a but stumped as how to best proceed. I'd like to get my autopilot wiring and the tail lights wiring run so that I can rivet on the last top rear skin.

Thanks,
Jason

No pictures but...

I used the corrugated conduit that Van's sells (.075" I think) to run from the tail to the baggage compartment along the center bottom of the fuse. I then used adel clamps to secure the wires (no conduit) down the center tunnel to the main spar. After the main spar it's under the center fuel pump cover inside conduit and up the firewall.

Here are a few other electrical items generally located behind the seats you might also want to consider depending on your setup.

- ELT wiring
- Antenna wires (GPS is common back there)
- electric trim
- flap position sensors
- smoke system wiring
- extra piece of string for the wiring you forgot and will need to pull later.

Hope this helps.

Greg
RV-7

I ran conduit up both sides and up the middle.
vpgokh.jpg

sevss8.jpg

33beamp.jpg

2141n45.jpg