terrye

Well Known Member
I've studied Vans OP-28 Carbureted Fuel System, OP-32 IO-360 Fuel System, and OP-27 Oil System drawings but these do not include the routing or any other information for the manifold pressure line. I also have Vans IE VMP Install Kit, however this is mainly for use with Vans analog manifold pressure gauge.

I will be plumbing the Oil System per Vans OP-27 drawing.
I'm looking for pictures of the manifold pressure hose and routing from the engine to the VA-169 Transducer Manifold. Does the hose route along the same path as the Vans VA-132 Oil Pressure Hose?

Also looking for pictures of the fuel pressure hose, but on my airplane there is a twist. I'm using a dual battery setup and so I have a PC-680 on each side of the firewall recess (mirror image of DWG 31A ES PC-680 Install Kit). So the routing of the fuel pressure hose is compromised by the location of the second battery.

Thanks for your help

Get your popcorn handy;

Why not just use one battery and have a standby alternator/generator? simpler, lighter, more reliable, etc.?

Ok, on to the routing --

Oil Pressure and MAP lines run parallel to each other, secured to the top of the firewall recess with cushion clamps (adel clamps) at two places. Fuel pressure is a straight shot up from the restrictor 45 on the fuel pump. All hoses are custom lengths, thanks to PHT out of Tulsa OK.

IMG_1785.jpegIMG_1325.jpeg

Why not just use one battery and have a standby alternator/generator? simpler, lighter, more reliable, etc.?
After reading Bob Nuckolls' Aeroelectric Connection I seduced myself into "needing" the Z-14 electrical system. So yes, I have a 60A main alternator, a 30A standby alternator (driven off the vacuum pump pad), dual batteries and split bus. Also seduced myself into "needing" an IFR instrument panel (dual nav sources, dual nav radios in Canada). Decisions made a long time ago. But as everyone who has gone "off plans" knows, this adds exponentially to the time (and money).

Thanks for the pictures, most appreciated. Keep them coming.