gwav8or

I love RV's!! My instructor introduced me to RVs about 3 years ago and now I'm considering the purchase of an RV-4. I would love to build but don't have time for building and flying. Can't give up flying.... :p

I love taking pictures. So I thought, hey, why not combine the two?

Has anyone taken pictures from their RV-4? I know that low wings are not ideal for pictures but it absolutely can be done. I'm just wondering what the challenges would be. Considering the fact that a "camera hole" can be put in the canopy.

Any input is much apprecicated!!!

Welcome, Grant..

....many pictures have been taken from these airplanes and have come out beautiful in many cases.

I've taken quite a few from my low wing Air Tractor....just banking to get the wing out of the way. There are quite a few tips on here regarding aerial photography if you'll use the search feature.

Again, welcome to VAF,

Wing isn't a problem

IMG_5437.JPG

You can get the wing out of the way even for straight down photos, but the canopy will degrade each and every picture.

Choose your angles to avoid the reflections. Getting close up to the canopy helps, and a rubber lens hood can be pushed right up to the perspex to shield the reflections too.
Some good and not so good results for example (flying across Spain 2 years ago):
DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

wow, great pic with the mountains and the tail of your plane. You must get some "fighter pilot fantasies" checking your six through a bubble canopy like that haha