Here are mine. :)
pedalframe4280vy.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the pics.
Am I missing something? If I drill the left pedal like the plans call for, does that mean that the left brake pedal will be tilted more forward than the right? They both won't be vertical. :confused:

The upper tab mount for the cylinder is welded slightly different
to account for the difference in angle. Everything will work out fine.

What you do is line up the bottom of the pedals so they are even, then clamp the bottom of the brake cylinder so the pedals are both tilting the same and in the angle you choose. I have mine leaning forward so I don't get on the brakes inadvertantly.

Roberta

pedals3mk.jpg

I am confused about clamping the cylinder. The brake set up's I've seen have all the holes pre drilled for the cylinder to attach to. The top is part of the weldment and the bottom already has the hole in the bracket. This leaves no adjustment since the cylinder rod has no adjustment on it. The RV-10 I was working on the other day had the pedals lines up with each other nicely when you had the weldments lined up with each other. In other words when the rudder pedals were all in line the brake pedals lined up too, but there was no means to adjust them for tilt. :confused:

Jim,

Not sure about the RV-10, but on the RV-7, the brake pedals consist of the pedal plate, two angles that get riveted to the back of the plate, and a side arm that attaches to one of the angles and is bolted to the master cylinder. The bottom of the side angles get drilled to match the tabs on the bottom of the rudder pedal weldment. This is where the brake pedals pivot. The rudder pedal weldments are predrilled, but you have to drill the hole in the side arm that attaches to the master cylinder. Where you drill that hole determines the angle of the brake pedal.

You can look at my website at www.trv7.com to see all of the steps that I went through to fab the pedals. Note, there was no guidance from Van on how to set the brake pedals relative to the rudder pedals, but I think I got it right (look a lot like what Roberta did).

Tracy.

I just looked at my preview plans and confirmed what Roberta said. The hole is drilled at assembly. I wonder if the new kits will be predrilled or not. The RV-10 worked out fine but wouldn't allow for the builder to tilt them as he saw fit.