nturner

Does anyone have any pictures of the wingtip landing lights Vans sell mounted inside the wingtip fairing. I've seen them from the outside. I'm thinking of using them but just want to see how they are mounted.

Thanks

Here you go:

1z736gh.jpg

Keep in mind the LED position lights and mirror plexiglass are a special design as part of Pete Howell's "Photon Bazooka" light system! (he helped me build them up...OK I watched as he built) Also, the actual landing lights are two 50W Xenon's from Duckworks. The whole system is FREAKIN' bright!!!

That should be enough light...for one side! :cool:

- Peter

Last edited:
Here you go:

1z736gh.jpg

Keep in mind the LED position lights and mirror plexiglass are a special design as part of Pete Howell's "Photon Bazooka" light system! (he helped me build them up...OK I watched as he built) Also, the actual landing lights are two 50W Xenon's from Duckworks. The whole system is FREAKIN' bright!!!

That should be enough light...for one side! :cool:

- Peter

I REALLY like that setup... Got more pics or info on where I can get an identical setup? :)_

Thanks everyone. Is that how Vans landing lights are held in place - a plate on the outside of the bulb and one on the inside with a smaller diameter hole to hold the bulb in place. Obviously this must be enough to hold it in place with vibrations. Do these plates get very hot?

They look good Peter, do you have photos of the inside of the wingtip?

Last edited:
That's up to Pete Howell (above) of Howell Innovations! He is the designer and builder of the LED/HID Photon Bazooka!

4jvybc.jpg

The pictures really don't do it justice! My neighbors house is about 200 yards from mine and I can light up their deck like it's the middle of the afternoon with everything running! I still need to add the strobe and hope to find a nice LED solution for that by OSH this year.

The strobe will go on the opposing piece of mirrored plexi.

- Peter

Last edited:
Pete or Peter did you use standard 0.032 Al sheet and 1/8 Plexiglass, what size wires did you run through the wings for these and to join them all together.

Thanks