AX-O

Well Known Member
This thread is just to document what a 13 inch spinner looks like on a RV-4. Brown and black spinners are 12 in. Red spinner is 13 in.

IMG_1329.JPG

image.jpg

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

image.jpg

IMG_1625.JPG

Spinner size

Hi Axel

Thank you for posting these pictures,It gives us a visual on how a bigger spinner actually looks on a -4.

I just replaced my 3 bladed Catto with a new one and had to buy a new spinner, If I had seen these pictures then I would have gone with the 13'' spinner...

BTW, that new 3 bladded Catto is the smootest prop I have flown in a long time and this is from someone who was already flying a 3 bladded Catto prop..

Cheers

Bruno

Hey Gents,

I'm in the process of ordering a 3 blade catto to replace my sensenich, gonnah hang on a 160hp O-320 RV-4.

Because you've done this before...is there any design implication with the 2.25 inch spacer Catto sells as it pertains to load factor/wear on the crank?

BL: Will aerobatics rarely touching 5G negatively impact the setup?

Best,

Paul

Spacer

Hi Paul

REF: 2.25 inch spacer Catto sells''

I assume that you're talking about the prop extension right?? If so I can't help there as I used the 4'' extension on my old type RV-4 Cowl...Sorry

Well I've pulled up to 4Gs on numerous occasions and it never made a difference..

You're gonna like that prop...as smooth as can be..

Cheers

Bruno

Axel, do you have a profile shot of the red 13" spinner? I may be forced to purchase the 13" because the 12" are almost non-existent. I bought a 12" from a company last week and the shape was just plain ugly so it's not going to be mounted. I hope they will take it back.

Hey Gents,

I'm in the process of ordering a 3 blade catto to replace my sensenich, gonnah hang on a 160hp O-320 RV-4.

Because you've done this before...is there any design implication with the 2.25 inch spacer Catto sells as it pertains to load factor/wear on the crank?

BL: Will aerobatics rarely touching 5G negatively impact the setup?

Best,

Paul

If you are going to go from a sensi metal prop to a catto better do your homework on the effects on your cg.

Cm

Axel, do you have a profile shot of the red 13" spinner?

Sorry, i don't. I sold the plane and those are the only pics i have. I have a 12 inch spinner but it has been cut for a 2 blade sensenish. If i needed one at this point i would use the old spinner to make a mold then make a new spinner out ot that. Should not be difficult. Just time consuming.

Thanks for the reply Axel. I went ahead and called Nicole Catto and she is going to send me a 12" just as soon as the rear bulkhead arrives. Unfortunately I sold my old spinner along with the Sterba prop.