AAflyer

Well Known Member
My quick build has always been a slow build, thanks to life events. My engine is about to go through it's second winter since delivery and I'm looking for advice about preparing it for the winter season in NJ. My AeroSport IO-360 was delivered with "long-term" storage prep., but 14-16 months might be pushing it.
I've been pretty good about keeping it sealed up and the desecant plugs fresh, but I'm worried about the cylinders. Is there a preferred lubricant that will help prevent corrosion on the cylinder walls. I'll probably crank it up for the first time next summer.
Thanks for the advice.

My quick build has always been a slow build, thanks to life events. My engine is about to go through it's second winter since delivery and I'm looking for advice about preparing it for the winter season in NJ. My AeroSport IO-360 was delivered with "long-term" storage prep., but 14-16 months might be pushing it.
I've been pretty good about keeping it sealed up and the desecant plugs fresh, but I'm worried about the cylinders. Is there a preferred lubricant that will help prevent corrosion on the cylinder walls. I'll probably crank it up for the first time next summer.
Thanks for the advice.

The recommendation I have received and used is to plug every hole as well as you can and fill it up with cheap motor oil, all the way up. Fill from the oil filler hole and the top spark plug holes. You will need to get plugs for the mag holes, the intake at the bottom of the sump and the exhaust ports. Much cleaner would be to put it in an air conditioned space for dryer air.