mdredmond

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I don't wanna burn up space with this thread, but I bought "Kit Airplane Construction" by Ronald Wanttaja at lunch today. I haven't read it yet. Is it worth keeping?

TIA,

-matt

Just read it. :) I'd say it's especially good if you want to know much about experimental building but if you are already buiding you may not want to see alternatives like Lancairs anymore. It covers things pretty deeply but of course it would have 1000 pages more if it would go futher. Anyway, it has a lot nice-to-know infromation.

If you wouldn't be here (Van's forums) you might say that it has too much RV stuff but not when we are...

I bought it, and I'd say it's pretty good. I does go in to some depth about making the decisions prior to buying a kit, and while I'm working on my wings, I have found it useful to some extent. I haven't picked it up in a few weeks, because I did lose some interest in it about halfway through...I see it everyday on the coffee table, but haven't picked it up in a while. :rolleyes:

Just bought it too

I bought the same book 4 days ago and am reading it too. I'm about 50 pages into it. I am in the initial planning stages, deciding if i really want to go through with this, how am I going to pay for it, is there enough room in the garage for it, what is it going to be???? Lancair 4 PT (it's good to dream..., Zenith CH801, RV-7, etc? I think the book is going to help me a ton and is worth the price. Besides, I had a gift certificate from my niece for Christmas and was tired of telling her that I hadn't bought a book yet! :)

I think I'm on a year timeline to set this up. I'll let you know as it develops, from the very beginning for me. Cheers y'all!
Arn

I got it for Xmas. I learned a lot from it. I did skip the section for fiber glass and tubes just because I had other books to read. May be one day I will go back and read them. did you get the 3rd edition?