Flyyak

Well Known Member
Friend
I need photos of a completed Tip Up Canopy in the open, closed etc. positions. I purchased a QB 7 project and I am about to get to the tip up canopy construction. The top skin of the fuselage is already riveted. I had to remove and repair the left F 757 gusset. I have not cut the holes in the 757 gussets R or L to allow for the canopy latch. The F631 roll bar and F732 brace are completed but have not been permanently installed. Is there any reason not to permanently install the F631 and F732 at this point? Vans says no. Before I cut the holes in 757 for latch, I would like to see what the finished canopy is suppose to look like (other than the plans view). I understand this is one of the most difficult stages of the project and I am still a little away from the canopy frame and canopy installation. I wanted to get the fuselage pretty much completed so I can paint the inside before I re-install the other hardware (rudder pedals, brakes) and install rough wiring-plumbing.

I would also love to speak with someone that has built one or more of these to get some practical thoughts about several other areas of construction. Thanks.

Neil Clay 205 253 9595

Want to look at one?

Neil
I live just north of you in Hartselle, Al (just below Decatur). I have a -9A tip up still under construction, but the canopy area is complete. Working on firewall fwd stuff. You are welcome to come take a look if that would help. I'm only 3 miles form 5M0. If you have something to fly, I'll even come pick you up at the airport.
Alan Jackson
Hartselle, AL

Allan
Thanks. I have a YAK 52 but it's down for though maintenance. If you will email me phone number, I will try to coordinate a time convenient to see your project sometime in the next couple of weeks. [email protected]

Bruce
Thanks so much for the photos. Incredible craftmanship of your whole plane. I can now visualize what it is suppose to look like and how the parts are suppose to fit together. Please send me any other photos of your project and pointers. And when you finish the canopy, please send any additional photos. Thanks again

Neil Clay