IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any photos of how they hang up their headsets? This is for a -9A slider, but 6/7 would work fine too.

I did a search but all the pics seem to be gone. I thought at one point Doug Reeves posted pics of his solution.

I'm trying to get a few interior details done before interior paint.

Thanks!

3M product

I used a stick-on hook from 3M. I just searched the 3M site but no joy. It has a square 3/4" white plastic base with a pivoting stainless wire hook. I stuck it on the narrow bulkhead next to my outside knee. Way up high near the bottom of the sub panel. Coupla bucks at WalMart. I use Clarity Alofts so weight wasn't a concern.

Thanks Christopher - that is totally unique. I was hoping someone would post some more conventional "under the panel near my outboard kneee" brackets but your solution is fascinating!

Amazed by the brainpower of this group!

I have a 6A and haven't put any hanger(s) in... Since day one, I just fold up the headsets & put them, headband 1st, by the main gear mount and fuselage side... The mounts structure (tube) holds them in place... Outa the way when geting in... Also I put my water bottle there too when flying.. Just have to try it to get just how it works... Not sure if the 9A is simular or not... I don't have a picture... Sheldon

Dave, here is my best pic.

You can't see the hanger, but notice on the right the pax headset is hanging on it.
I took a strip of .032 AL and bent it into a "J" shape. Drilled two hole through it and the bulkhead support for the panel forward bulkhead. Attached with two pop rivets.

I saw it on someone plane and did my version of it.
I think that this is an image of the Van's demo plane.

Note that it was attached different then mine.

I don't have any problem with the headset being in this location and can easily be reached with the seat belt on.

Kent

I put my jacks on the upper back bulkhead and have a couple pegboard hangers for the headsets. I have flown a lot of RVs and really hated the mike jacks on the instrument panel. Don

A different idea. Mine are nothing more than some webbing that snaps at the top. One in the front and one in the rear. They are soft and don't hurt when you bump into them plus they keep the headset in the back from flopping around the cockpit while I'm upsidown. The front strap is also helpful in that I run my headset and iPod wires through it to keep them from laying across my and the passenger legs. Sorry there is nothing showing in this picture but it is the best one I have to show you the strap.

dsc03722y.jpg

I made a double hanger out of .125 costed aluminim wire on a little bending jig and mounted it under the bolt joining the canopy roll bar. I also hang up my ignition key with a red streamer so I can see it from the front of the airplane wnen in the hanger.

I hope the pic loads (my first try)...

IMG_2774.jpg