RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Here are some shots from our photo shoot yesterday. We had a 4-ship yesterday led by Jon Abarr in his gorgeous RV-7. Unfortunately I don?t have a picture of it. The purpose of the photo shoot was to get a shot of the father/son team. I hope they post their pics soon! Photos were taken by Cayla, an 18 year-old soon to be private pilot flying with Jon. Her check ride will be this week sometime. Good luck Cayla! Enjoy.

#1 Jon Abarr RV-7
#2 Max Maiden RV-8 son
#3 Robin Maiden RV-8 father
#4 Jerry Esquenazi RV-8

f3b8rk.jpg

I can?t seem to stay upright very long.
1079nxs.jpg

A Top Gun shot.
16lmrn6.jpg

Here are some pics of the father/son duo Robin and Max Maiden. The interesting thing about son Max (Robin's son) is that he is the proverbial airport kid. For as long as I have known them, Max hung around the airport as much as he could. Nearly every day, he would show up to help clean, polish, and turn a wrench hoping to score a ride in an airplane. Now 21 years old has flown more than 50 aircraft types, has a couple of thousand hours, and earns a living doing any odd and unique flying job from banner towing, giving Waco rides, ferrying airplanes across the country, crewing on a DC-3, etc. He hopes to land a fire bomber job out west soon.

ddjl6r.jpg

21a04dh.jpg

281gdih.jpg

1rdjma.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is thinking how every formation flight is a "Maiden Flight" for them. Great story!

That was my inspiration. I changed it up a bit with different wing treatment and subdued checkerboards.

Absolutely excellent photos.

Thank you Martin! Cayla was using Robin's fancy camera, so they're responsible for the photos. Also, Robin has a good eye for this stuff and between him and Cayla, they were able to manage the positions just right... "move up 6 inches," etc.