Any comments pro/con for this upgrade to the kit. Any price info. Thanks whmc

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that there is no such upgrade available for the RV-8. Your only choice is the standard pre-fabricated spar, which in the RV-8 is gold anodized just like the Phlogiston spars for the RV-4 and RV-6.

Actually, I guess there is another choice; that same spar pre-installed in a quick-build wing.

On this page of the Van's site, it says:

Complete, gold anodized main spars are standard on the RV-3, RV-7/7A, RV-8/8A and RV-9A. A gold anodized fuselage center section bulkhead, precision matched to the main spars, is standard on those kits as well. RV-4 and RV-6/6A spars are a pre-drilled kit and require assembly, but complete anodized spars are available as an option.

Thanks, Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24 <--now with wings mounted!

The spar for the -8 comes pre-assembled. It is a work of industrial art and is a shame to have to hide it under the skins...
It would look great hanging over a fire place :)

I'm going to display my ignorance here....I thought that he RV-8 spar WAS made by Phlogiston? I assumed that from various things I have read, and maybe others have as well....will this thread flush out the truth? Just curious....

Paul