DJR

Could someone tell me where I could find examples of how to properly document and word the 40 hour phase one logbook entry and sign off.

Thank you

Look for something like this. It's probably even in BOLD in your operating limitations:

I certify that the prescribed flight test hours have been completed and the aircraft is controllable throughout its normal range of speeds and throughout all maneuvers to be executed, has no hazardous operating characteristics or design features, and is safe for operation
. The flight test was completed under the following conditions: maximum operating weight XXX, maximum demonstrated airspeed XXX, and minimum demonstrated stall speed: XXX.
Aircraft in phase II operation
. Signed_______

Ok

Yes, I was wondering if I needed to specifically list each maneuver that was completed or is a generic sign off as you stated in the ops limitations good enough.

Yes, I was wondering if I needed to specifically list each maneuver that was completed or is a generic sign off as you stated in the ops limitations good enough.

The aerobatic sign-off is a different matter. It should be found in paragraph (16), and yes, each specific maneuver need to be listed.

Oooooh, that brings up another question. Do each of those maneuvers have to have been tested in Phase I (in my case, for example, within the first 40 hours)? Or can you test them outside of Phase I and then enter them in the logbook?

I ask as an academic exercise. I have zero interest in actually doing aerobatic maneuvers. (vertigo problem)

They must be done within phase I, but not necessarily the first forty hours.

Paragraph (19) allows you to put the aircraft back into phase I for testing purposes. Aerobatic testing is one good benefit of this paragraph. This allows you to get comfortable with your aircraft before attempting aerobatic maneuvers.

Last edited: