panhandler1956

Well Known Member
Well, today was another milestone, maybe the last major one for Contrary Mary - I finished my 40 hour phase I.
If you are familiar you'll know I first flew it back in mid-August, I know I know, I'm slow....

Anyway, she's doing great and I can't wait to take up my first passenger, my son, in the coming weeks.

I made this cheesy video in honor of the occasion - it was from the flight today that put me over 40hrs (it was a balmy 18F at 6500').

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOcXpndre4&context=C3aa8ce1ADOEgsToPDskINujeY77loT70LNEK7dqC5
See you at OSH!

Thanks again to everyone that has helped, whether you knew it or not.

If you're out in the cold garage pounding rivets...it's still worth it! ;)

Last edited:
Video wouldn't play. :(

Exact error message was: "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that."

Congrats on completing phase I though!!!!

Last edited:
posted it to my facebook wall, nice job man! keep the videos coming....

Wonderful song choice! May I recommend a little Boston!?

Congrats, Brent! Well done.

Just curious about the video ... yours is the first one that I've seen with a Drift 170HD where the prop doesn't look goofy. What did you do differently to eliminate that effect?

Again, well done. Here's to many years of flying satisfaction!

Thanks guys!

Don,
As for the prop, shooting with a borroed GoPro and my drift both in 1080HD seemed to curtail (not completely elliminate) the prop issue. YMMV.
Regards,

Finally!

Nice video. Congrats on your Phase 1 completion.

As for props and helmet cams---I have read that low light levels (like the sunset flight) and using a neutral density filter forces the camera to use a slower effective shutter speed, thus allowing the prop to blur more, thereby reducing the prop artifacts. Sounds reasonable to me.