jthocker

Well Known Member
I just wanted to let folks know about the exceptional service Pat Hatch provides not only with his relay boards, but also with custom wiring solutions.
I recently used one of Pats relay boards in a Panel upgrade and and found the board and accompanying schematic to be a cinch to use.
This week I am upgrading a Lancair Legacy and am replacing the Ray Allen grips with Infinitys. I am using PH's Ultimate Trim Relay Board and was baffled by the Legacy flap system. I called Pat and asked him if he could figure out a way to incorporate the Infinitys, the relay board, and the Legacy flap system. He said it should be no problem. I emailed him the Legacy schematics and within 2 hours I had a working drawing that Pat said SHOULD work.
The Legacy system has a couple of relays that would have to be eliminated and and magnetic limit switches that would need to be incorporated, so Pat identified for me which wires in the existing system to incorporate with his board and the infinity grips. Today, I went out to the hangar and adapted Pats new design and powered up the system. It worked flawlessly!
Pat's boards are compact, complete, and very easy to install.
Thanks Pat!

Thanks, Jon!

Had fun working with you on this one. They say you should keep the mind active to ward off senility; solving these wiring problems is way better than working crossword puzzles!

Good luck with the project!