meadeduck

Well Known Member
Is anyone else having problems with this? We can't figure out how to place the 'clecoed' filler gap and backplates up UNDER the spinner so that we can matchdrill the parts together. The clecos won't fit with the prop installed.
Meade and George
:confused:

47-06

Go back and read 47-05-step 5. Remove outer hub and prop blades then work on gap fillers.

Meade,

Did that a couple of weeks ago. With the prop and spinner installed, I think I used c-clamps to position the filler pieces. Drilled the four holes thru the filler pieces into the aft spinner flange/plate (cleco as you go). Then removed the prop and both spinner flanges/plates. Reassembled the spinner on the bench and drilled and installed the nutplates, etc. Then re-installed all. Everything fit.

Skipped-a-step-cobuilder

Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to have to go back a start doing the thing I told my special ed students to do; highlight the steps that I've completed.
Meade:eek:

Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to have to go back a start doing the thing I told my special ed students to do; highlight the steps that I've completed.
Meade:eek:

That is what is great about this forum, ask a question and get an answer.

I find I need to get back into the right "frame of mind" after a time off from building. We all have little things that get in the way. Better to ask a question than to add to the scrap pile.

Last edited: