TrueAirSpeed

Well Known Member
Following 10 years of construction (eight part-time and two full-time), a year in Afghanistan, and five moves, my RV-7, took to the air on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at Prescott, Arizona. It was "Pay as you go" all the way. what a wonderful feeling to know that a collection of parts and pieces assembled can create such a wonderful magic carpet ride. Thanks Vans Aircraft. And a special thanks to my son, who began the project with me and many times countered that "what have I gotten myself into" look on my face. Another thank you to my lovely financee, who was always there with help, understanding and oceans of support. To Wally, Bob, Jim, Jeff, Bart, Al, and even "ole" Fred and all the other great people I've met during the construction, thank you for your help, support and suggestions.
N174TD has a TMX-IO-390 engine, cooled by a Sam James plennum and cowling and an AeroComposite two-blade, constant speed propeller. Aerotronics built the instrument panel and it contains a single AFS 4500 Deck, Garmin's 430W, transponder, second communication radio, panel mounted 696, and a TruTrak autopilot. The glareshield cover is from Flightline Interior. Classic Aero Designs supplied the seats, carpet and side panels. Terry Small

Congrats, Terry! Aren't you glad that it took you as long as it did to build your plane? If you'd finished it in a couple of years, you wouldn't have a panel with all of those delightful goodies in it!

Again, congratulations!

Congratulations and thank you for posting, Terry! Wishing you a happy and safe phase 1.

Congrats

Congrats Terry. I was wondering how your project was doing. I'm glad you got it in the air. Now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Congratulations Terry!!

Stop by the bottleneck hangars (I14) for a visit at KPRC anytime.

Tailwinds and clear skys!!

Cheers,

db
Prescott, AZ

Pictures?

Thanks for all the endearing comments. I have to admit, I've tried with limited success to post pictures here in the past, so I didn't even try this time. There are a couple of pictures on Van's First Flight page. You'll have to indulge me over the costume.

Thanks again!

Did I mention I have a VAF data plate?